I have been feeling pretty directionless lately and it doesn’t sit well with me. I have a personality type that does best when I am actively striving towards something.
It struck me that I haven’t set up a list of monthly goals for ages. I think it might be part of the problem. So I think this is a train I’m going to jump back on. Here is a short list of things that I would like to achieve this August.
- Take a Skillshare class – I recently joined Skillshare and have quite the list of classes I want to take. This month I want to take at least one class, most probably one on botanical drawing or hand lettering.
- Finish a knitting project and work on my least loved work in progress. I am so close to finishing my striped jersey. I just have to do the sleeves. So I plan to knock that out this month and work on the waterfall jersey I have been working on for ages. It is the project that receives the least love from me so I need to make it a priority.
- Get out of bed earlier – This is a battling I am constantly fighting, but I feel so much more productive if I don’t start my day on the back foot. I would also like to try squeeze in a morning workout, but I don’t want to push it just yet.
- Make at least one sewing project – I have a long list of sewing projects I want to tackle, but as of yet I have done nothing about it. This month I would like to work on that.
- Eat breakfast every day – I am the type to get very grumpy and feel ill if I don’t eat, yet I quite often forget to eat breakfast in the morning. This month I want to work on making it a habit in my life.