How is it December already?! Wow, this year has just flown by!
I had such a wonderful November and I think I did really well, especially with my goal of soaking up the time I got to spend with my family and making some incredible memories.
It really does the soul good to have the good times squirreled away, especially when you are greeted by 100 emails when you get back into cellphone range.
I do have a few things I would like to achieve this December and most of them are to refocus on being healthy. Those mince pies are far too tempting for me!
- Make an effort to keep exercising and trying to eat well during the festive season. I love mince pies and Christmas cake and champagne. I really need to work on not eating too many this year. And I need to drink more water!
- Plan Willow’s Birthday Party! Willow will be turning two a week after Christmas and I have done nothing for her second birthday party! This needs to be a priority.
- Print the photos from our family bush holiday and hang them on the gallery wall. I love the photos of the family and have already earmarked a few for the wall. I need to make printing them a priority!
- Start a few Christmas traditions to do with Willow, take her to see the lights and decorate the house. I made a lovely decoration with Willow last year, but she’s getting the age now where she can help with the Christmas traditions. I am really looking forward to having some fun with her this year. I’d like to take her to see the Christmas lights, maybe bake some cookies, we’ll see where the mood takes us.
- Take in all the holiday vibes. I’m really lucky this year that I will be off work from the 15th. A and I are currently in Durban dropping Willow off with her grandparents (We only got the weekend…), then we will be spending Christmas with my parents in the mountains and a few days with my in-laws in the bush. So even though we’re not going to be away for the whole festive season, I think we’ll have plenty of time to rest and take it all in.