Can you hear the birds singing? Spring is finally here and I couldn’t be happier.
With a new month comes the time to sit and look back at August. I think I did well achieving the goals I set for myself. I have made good progress on the cardigan I have been knitting myself.
A and I sat down and went over our financials. I did quite well at sticking to things…more or less. This is an area of constant work in progress for me. But I will mark each improvement as a win. We have a big goal we are working towards now so I have to get really serious in this department.
While my sister was here we were not our healthiest and I felt the consequences of that. But i managed to get us back on the wagon and I’m really proud of that!
I’m not going to lie. I totally sucked at the whole get out of bed earlier thing. More than a few mornings were really rushed because of this! I’m trying ok, I’m just pretty bad at being a morning person.
On the positive though, my capsule wardrobe for the new season is complete and beautiful. I can’t wait to wear all the new stuff!
Here are my goals for September
- Start getting the garden spring ready and spend more time outside! The warm weather has me craving time outside. I have some great plans for my little balcony garden and I can’t wait to get started one sprucing things up a bit. I also want to spend more time outside and away from the TV.
- Start being more consistent with exercise. I have been far too sedentary these past few months. I need to move more. I know I will probably need to start small, but this month I really want to focus on working out more. I’m also writing here so I remember it, but I need to keep up the progress on healthy eating.
- Reach the half way point with my cardigan. I feel like I will be knitting this jersey forever. But I want to at least reach the half way mark this month. I know I can do it.
- Spring clean and organise everything. The time has come for another round of decluttering, streamlining and tidying. I try and do this on a pretty regular basis, but I especially feel the need to shake off the winter cobwebs this year. This is a big project but I’m ready!
- Drink less coffee and more water. I’m really bad at drinking water in the winter. So my goal is to up the H20 consumption and work my coffee down to a bare minimum.
*bonus goal* We are saving for a holiday oversees next year. I need to be extra vigilant about where my money is going. No unnecessary purchases!