I always have a list of goals that I want to work on during the month. I’m not a big one for New Year’s Resolutions, but achievable monthly goals are right up my alley. So this month I thought I would share what’s the plan for August.
- Stick to my budget and be more mindful about spending. I have managed to slip into a very spendy frame of mind and have often been finding myself craving new things that in all honesty I don’t need. So this month I want to be a lot more mindful about money and what I spend it on.
- Knit myself something. I have been knitting a whole lot for Willow as it is so easy knitting for a child and the projects finish up really quickly. But I spotted a gorgeous project in the July issue of Your Family and I really want to make it. I have bought the wool, I just need to get going.
- Work on getting out of bed a little earlier. I have found mornings very rushed and chaotic lately. I have been very reluctant to get out of bed and this has left me with not enough time to get myself and a toddler ready for the day. So this month I really want to focus on getting out of bed earlier. I think it’s all going to start with going to bed earlier…
- Continue making progress on making healthy choices. Falling off the wagon is part of life, but I have found myself to be so much happier when I’m making good choices. So I want to keep building on the momentum I created in July. After all, spring will soon be here and with that comes tank tops and shorts! As part of this goal, I want to start bringing yoga back into my weekly routine.
- Start planning and putting together my Spring capsule wardrobe. In South Africa, the weather tends to get transitional around mid-August. Already I can see that the long term forecast has the temps steadily rising into the mid-20s. So it’s time to start rolling out the next season’s clothing.