I’m sneaking in some time to right this while Willow naps. This little girl is so busy at the moment so life is full and loud and wonderful at the moment.
Willow has been practising her vocalisations so we get lots and lots of shouting, screeching and growling at the moment. It’s incredibly cute to watch but can be a little hard on the ears.
July was a busy but fun month, I started easing back into work so I had a few meeting and have had to start working on how to juggle and manage my time better. I’m nowhere near perfect but I think I’m heading in the right directions.
We had a lot of visits from family this month and it feels like our house was always full of people. We had my folks and Hubby’s folks come over a few times and at the end of the month my sister came home from Hong Kong for a whirlwind visit.
So life has been full to the brim and a little bit manic, but we have loved every minute of it. I’m hoping August is a little more on the quiet side though…
Here’s what Willow has gotten up to this month:
- She crawls of a sort! She has figured out that by rolling over and over she will get to where she wants to go. I was reading an article in my BabyCentre newsletter that this is a manner of crawling so there you go. She hasn’t started cross crawling yet, but she’s working very hard on it. This girl just wants to go!
- She eats me out of house and home. I had to move her up to three meals a day very quickly because she is always hungry (definitely my child then!). She has also started eating protein – I mix a bit of natural yogurt into her food every now and then and she has had chicken, beef and fish dinners and enjoys all of them.
- She is currently working on her pincer grasp and though she hasn’t quite mastered it yet you can see that she is refining her technique every day. She was trying to pick up crumbs off her high chair the other day and was definitely trying to use her fingers instead of her palm.
- She now baths in the big bath. We got a non-slip bath mat and a bath ring and she loves bath time. She will splash and explore the side of the bath. I’m going to get her a few bath toys soon. Bath time is really fun in the evenings, it’s great to watch her enjoying it!
- She sleeps in her own room for naps and night time sleep and transitioned quite well. I wrote about it here.
- She is still sleeping quite well. We had a bit of trouble every couple of nights with her teeth bothering her and she got a bit of congestion we had to deal with, but other than that sleep has been good. She has naps that are one to two hours long (still two a day although I try put her down for a third nap; sometimes she will have a cat nap and sometimes she won’t, I don’t force the issue). Bed time is 7pm and she normally sleeps to about 3am and then on to 7.30 am. Although the other night she slept from 7pm to 7.30 am! (These marathon sleeps are not the norm but they give me hope).
- She loves to bounce in her jumper. She has figured out how to bounce. When we first put her in it she would just hang there and play with the toys. Now she actually jumps around and laughs. Too cute.
- She loves Peek-a-boo. If you play with a scarf and throw it over her head she will take the scarf off herself and grin at you. But her favourite method is when I ‘hide’.
- She drinks from a cup! I had trouble getting her to take a drink at first but when I bought a Munchkin non-spill cup for her something just clicked. She drinks a few sips from the cup after every meal. She likes to hold it herself as well and sometimes will ask for a drink.