Oh my goodness how time flies! I can’t believe this little one has already lived through her first three months.
March was a bit of an emotional rollercoaster for our family. We lost two family friends, Willow got really sick from her 10 week vaccinations and I did a lot of travelling. We also got a new car, this little one has been growing like a weed and has been achieving so many milestones.
And now, on with the update:
• At her last check in she weighed 5.5 kg. I’m pretty sure she’s around 6 kg now.
• I have packed away all her 0 – 3 Month clothes and she is in 3 – 6 Months, although some are still a tad on the big side.
• She hates having her view restricted and not being able to see what’s going on around her.
• She is really strong and loves to sit and stand while someone supports her, but she holds her head up all by herself
• She has become a drool monster and spit bubble queen – she entertains herself by making tiny bubbles in her mouth.
• She loves to chew on things and her dad is her favourite chew toy. She will sit and gum at his finger for ages.
• She can now hold onto one of her rattles by herself and the other day she gave it a good ole shake! I was so excited! She hasn’t done it again though. mostly she likes to hold it and chew on it
• She’s quite a serious little girl who loves to look and take in everything around her. but when she smiles they are the cutest smiles you ever did see!
• She has settled into a nice routine where she eats directly on waking then plays for a good hour and a half before needing a nap. We do one long (2 hours) nap and two short ones (1 hour) a day. At night we do bath and bed routine at 7pm and she’s down for the night. I only have two feeding sessions – 2am and 6am.
• She has discovered her hands and will sit and play with her fingers. It’s really adorable.
Turns her head to find out where a sound came from
Plays with her hands
Smiles and is really social – she will imitate facial expressions when in the right mood.
Follows objects with her eyes
Holds her head up by herself
Holds her head up for a few seconds during tummy time – is starting to arch her back
Really engages with toys and has started batting at them and kicking at them
Has started grasping and feeling objects.