Hey there, long time no chat… again!
I hope you will forgive me for the sparse number of updates here. One of the things I find hardest to do with this new little one in my life is to sit down and write about her. She’s growing so fast and is doing so many great and amazing things, but when I get free time I find myself doing necessary things like taking a shower, spending time with my husband or getting some sleep. I’m hoping that as she grows I will be able to write a bit more.
So onto her two month update:
• Weighs 4.54kg and measures 56cm (This was at her six week check up so I’m sure she will weigh a bit more now but our next weigh in is in two weeks time).
• Has already gone on her first long distance car ride, first trip in a plane and on her first train. I knew she was good in the car, but she really travels like a champ. I took her down to Cape Town for a few days so we could go to a family wedding and she was an absolute star. I’m so proud of her!
• She sleeps really well – she has goes down quite well at night (normally around 9 or 10pm) and she has two four hour stretches.
• Her first real smile came on the 9th of February. Since then we get daily smiles and she’s quite coy and flirtatious with all her admirers!
• I have had to pack away all the new born clothes!
• She’s in size 2 nappies!
• She loves to lie in the play gym and look at all the toys and to kick and wave her arms about. She also loves watching her mobile when lying in her crib.
• She can hold her head up for nearly 10 seconds during tummy time and will push herself away from my shoulder to look around when I am holding her.
• She loves being pushed around in the pram or going for walks in the Ergo.
• She makes eye contact, follows objects with her eyes and turns her head to look at objects or to find out what made a certain sound. She is still very attracted to high contrast objects.