Willow is one whole month old! These past few weeks have flown by in a glorious haze of dirty nappies, spates of crying and sweet baby cuddles that I will never get enough of!
Willow was born on 4 January at 2.15am weighing 3.4kg and measuring 50cm.
• At 4 weeks she weighs 4.2kg and when we last measured her (at 2 weeks) she was 52 cm
• She loves food and throws temper tantrums if she doesn’t get it fast enough
• She will not tolerate a dummy (pacifier) at all and has been known to throw them away from her
• She was born with a full head of hair which has not thinned or fallen out
• She had blue eyes at birth, but they are now more grey as they begin to change
• She is sweet and even tempered most of the time. Even now as we reach the peak of crying at 6 weeks her fussy periods are short-lived (crosses fingers this continues)
• She pulls the funniest faces and is practising her smiles (mostly in her sleep)
• She is a natural breast feeding baby with great latch.
• She hates having her nappy changed, but hates having a wet bum even more
• She has become so much more alert and interested in her surroundings
• She sleeps five solid hours at night (normally 11pm to 4 or 5am) and cluster feeds at night
• She loves hot water and only cries at bath time before getting in the tub and when she’s taken out
• Today I had to pack away all her newborn clothes – we are officially in 0 – 3 months!