I have officially said good bye to the second trimester and hello to the third. I thought this would be a good time to look back on the past three months and take stock of how far we’ve come.
The second trimester treated me really well. My nausea cleared up almost instantly at around 14 week and my energy came back in full force.
My belly first made its appearance around 15 weeks and we’ve been growing steadily ever since.
I first felt kicks at around 18 weeks and Hubby felt her for the first time at 20ish weeks.
I also gave up high heels at 20 weeks. It was the right thing to do. As much as I love pretty shoes I can’t stand to be in them at the moment.
I have been needing a pillow to sleep since about 16ish weeks, I think. My back gets hellishly sore and has been doing so since very early on. The pillow has been bliss when I’m actually asleep. That said I have been battling to sleep – I get up a lot, have to turn a lot to get comfortable, pass out quickly only to be wide awake within a few hours. It’s been fun (#sarcasmfont).
I can see why they call the second trimester the honeymoon phase of pregnancy and I loved every minute of it. I am completely in love with my belly and this amazing thing my body is doing.
In this trimester we accomplished the following:
- Found out that we were having a perfectly normal little girl (a fact I still rejoice daily)
- Gave her a name
- Cleaned out the room that we decided to turn into the nursery
- Got rid of all the household clutter (but its coming back. Need to do another clean soon!)
- Decided on the theme and painted her nursery
- Bought her nursery furniture
- Decided on a pram, camp cot, bath, high chair, bouncer and nappy bag, but have not bought anything yet (we’re waiting for the baby expo next month)
- Bought a baby monitor
- Had our babymoon
- Spent time enjoying each other and where our relationship is before we become a family of three
- Finalised my maternity leave
- Got in as much exercise as possible
- Got back to healthy eating
- Bought maternity clothes and created a capsule wardobe
Goals for the third trimester:
- Have the baby shower
- Buy the last few items we need for her
- Buy and wash her clothes
- Buy nappies
- Find a nappy bag
- Research labour and breast feeding
- Attend our antenatal course
- Prepare for labour (I have now gotten to that point where is has dawned on me that she has to come out!)
- Make the soft furninshings and linens for the nursery
- Finish decorating the nursery
- Enjoy our last Christmas as a twosome…
- Have a baby – This is the most important step, and is completely thrilling and terrifying